Kamryn was so excited for her Harry Potter party! We pretended to be Hogwarts school and first took the kids pictures in the Gryffindor Common Room. They had fun looking at all of the things in the Great Hall. We had different classes for the kids: Spells and charms, Quidditch, a Bean-boozled game, and Potions class.
Vance, Emma, Aiden and Cadence were the brave friends that put on the Harry Potter costume and had their pictures taken. Our first class was "Spells and Charms". We showed the kids the clear soda, and they had to use their licorice wands and say the spell and then the soda would be poured in. Their soda magically changed color! (Food coloring underneath the ice in each cup, so they couldn't see). Then they used their licorice wands to drink their magic soda.
After that we played a Quidditch game. There were 3 hoops and the kids had to ride the broom and throw a ball through each of the hoops. Once they completed that, they got their Harry Potter medal to wear.
Bean-boozled was the next game. I wasn't sure how the kids would like this game since there were some nasty flavors. It was the biggest hit of the party! As I was describing the flavors, I had great facial expressions to go along with it and the kids thought the flavors were hilarious! Almost everyone had a disgusting flavor.
Our last class was "Potions" class with Professor Snape. Each kid made their own slime. It was made up of glue, food coloring, water and borax. Some of them were pretty grossed out when they touched it.
After everyone passed all four classes, it was time for cupcakes, butterbeer (cream soda with whipped cream and caramel sauce) and presents.
The kids took home their slime, a cauldron filled with jelly beans, a Harry Potter broom pen and a magic wand.
Kamryn said it was the best birthday party EVER!
Tuesday, June 26, 2012
Harry Potter party
Posted by The Waldrams at 9:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
HOW CUTE!!!!!! I love that!
I bet that was fun! My kids would love a HP party.
What an amazing party! you are so creative!
That is the coolest party idea. I bet Kamryn had a blast. How did you come up with all those ideas?
Post a Comment