Wednesday, August 8, 2012

4th of July

I was so nervous to drive by myself with all of the kids to Tehachapi for the 4th of July. But Grant didn't cry once, and Macy didn't have any extra bathroom stops, so it went so smooth. As we have in the past, we made s'mores with the hot charcoal in the barbecue. The girls had fun exploring with Uncle Dan around the house. My dad had mentioned that his favorite dessert was a chocolate eclair so I surprised him with a chocolate eclair cake that my mom helped me make. Kamryn was exploring around the driveway and found a dried up dead snake. She thought it was so cool! We went to the lake and Macy got a pretty patriotic headband and Kamryn got some cool rocks. One day we went swimming and Papa came too. Then another day, Grandma, Grandpa, Tonia, Ammon and Damon joined us at the pool. It was Damon's first time swimming. We watched the fireworks at the church, and Ammon and I had matching shirts with red and blue stripes, pretty funny! Grant was so tired, but he enjoyed watching the fireworks.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute 4th of July outfits. I'm glad we got to see you guys!