Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Success gone wrong

So Kamryn is still doing great urinating in the potty. However, the poor girl now has a urinary tract infection. I don't know if it was from holding it, or what. She had a fever last Thursday, we took her to the Dr. on Friday. She was put on antiobiotics. Then on Monday they called us with the results from her urine culture and we needed to change her antibiotics. Today after waking up from her nap, she felt warm and I took her temperature, it was almost 103! So we are watching the fever tonight and calling the Dr. back tomorrow to report. She may be coming down with something totally unrelated. Next week when she finishes her antibiotics we have to take her to the Dr. again and have her urine checked to make sure the antibiotics worked. From there I have to take her to get an ultrasound of her kidneys! Apparently, this isn't common in kids under 3 and they take it pretty seriously. Let's hope tonight goes well and her fever stays down.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

That's so sad...good luck, let me know if you need anything!

Eric & Gretchen said...

I am so sorry! I hope that everything turns out okay. It sounds like your Dr is really on top of it.

Macon Family said...

That's scary, keep us posted, and we'll be praying for her.

The Lind's said...

Oh no! That is so sad! I sure hope that you had a good night and that she is getting better! Poor little thing!

holly said...

I'm so sorry. I'm sure she will get better quickly though. Talk to Dori. I think Emma had bladder infections too.

Aaron Smith said...

I hope Kamryn feels better soon! It is so sad when children are sick, it breaks my heart. She will be in our prayers! Good thing Dr. Daddy is in the house!

Sarah