Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ski trip




Kamryn, Macy and I went to Mammoth to go skiing with my parents. On our way up to my parent's house we visited with Aparna (Kamryn's former daycare provider). Kamryn had a great time playing with Rome and Macy fit right in with Madison and Titus. It was good seeing Aparna and she will always be special to Kamryn since she watched her grow up from 4 months old to 4 years old.






This year was a different ski experience for Kamryn. We opted not to put her in lessons this year and just try to have her ski with us. Our good friends let us borrow their daughter's skis, boots, and ski leash. (I love the ski leash!) She was so excited to try on the skis that we let her practice in the driveway. On Friday my dad was gracious enough to watch Kamryn and Macy while I skied with my mom. It was fun but then in the afternoon the wind started to pick up and it was snowing! My mom went back to the cabin to watch Macy while my dad and I skied with Kamryn. She was whining and upset at first because the snow hurt when the wind blew it in her face. We went up the poma and she skied down twice with Papa and twice with me.






Saturday was perfect! It was sunny and since it had just snowed the day before, the powder was so nice to ski in. My mom and I skied together again and then Kamryn joined my dad and I in the afternoon. Since the weather was better, Kamryn was in a much better mood and excited to ski. We did the poma again a couple of times and then decided we should try to put her on the chair lift. I was nervous to have her on the chair at first, but it was a triple chair so my dad and I were on either side of her and we just lifted her on. She kept saying "look how high up we are!" She did great! We both went down with her a couple of times. Then we decided to let her ski a little in front of us with the ski leash. She did a good job, but then started to go off to the side. She crashed a few times, but all in all she did a great job. The next day when we were driving back to my parent's house she was disappointed because she wanted to go skiing again. We are looking forward to next year!









This was Macy's first time in the snow. She was cracking me up in her jacket. She reminded me of the kid from the Christmas Story. She would only move her eyes and nothing else. Macy is pretty much walking now. She took quite a few steps while we were on vacation and since we have been home, she has taken even more with out falling. I can't believe she'll be one year old next month!

6 comments:

Kerri said...

Uh, Kamryn's a better skier than I am! Maybe she can show me how to do it! That is so awesome, and I am so impressed!

Anonymous said...

You are the coolest mom ever...taking your nearly 5 year old skiing, how awesome is that! And you are a hottie-Jeremy is a lucky guy! Your girls are adorable as ever! Looks like you had a great time!

Macon Family said...

So cool! Kamryn looks like a pro already, how fun! That's neat that you were able to go with your parents and have a good time together. Also, Macy is walking-sweet!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like lots of fun. That's super cute that Kamryn skies with you guys. She's pretty good! I like Macy's snow outfit.

Jared, Melissa, Carson, Brooklyn & Ashlyn Waldram said...

Wow go Kamryn! looks like you had a blast! How neat to see Macy walking! I can't believe it has almost been a year!!!

Tisha said...

wow! thats awesome- I'm with kerri- kamryns going to have to give me lessons too!! so fun to start her skiing early! what a fun trip!