So first off, we all know I'm not the best cook, but I wanted to make chili and corn bread for Halloween. The white chili I made was more like soup than chili, but it tasted good. Then as I was making the corn bread, I realized as I put the mixture in the pan to cook, that it seemed a little runny. Huh, that's funny. So I looked again at the recipe to make sure I didn't miss anything and I did. I forgot to put in the baking soda. No big deal, I'll just stir it in. Well, once they were cooked and ready to eat you could totally taste the baking soda! They were so gross! Who knew that it really does matter WHEN you add the ingredients! Anyway, I was hoping to hit the streets much earlier than we did. Halloween is a BIG deal around here. At least on two specific streets I know of, it is. So I really wanted Jared, Melissa, Carson and Brooklyn to see these cool houses. I guess I had high expectations, last year, we got to see both of these streets and all of the houses that are all decked out and the bazillion kids crowding the streets. Kamryn normally goes to bed at about 7:00, and we didn't get started until 6:45. So by the time we got to the first really decorated street, the kids were tired. (We hit up our street, and other houses along the way) Carson and Kamryn were so cute holding hands as they walked up to the houses. Melissa and I were 80's girls! The night was fun, don't get me wrong! And I got. . . uhh I mean Kamryn got a full size bag of M&M's! I never got a full size candy bar or anything before! Next year we'll just make sure to get out there earlier, and I'll follow all of the directions on the corn bread! (P.S. When will I ever realize that Halloween isn't for ME anymore?!)
Thursday, November 1, 2007
Trick or Treat!!
Posted by The Waldrams at 7:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's cute, looks like the kids had a fun time together, and you seemed to enjoy it the most!
Who says Halloween isn't for big kids, too?
Not this kid, that's for sure. :)
Love the costume Jamie, I love to dress up, next year I want to do a family theme...I've just got to convince Aaron!
Her costume is as good as advertised! I'm so glad you put some pictures up. Her sweet round cheeks just make the whole Raggedy Ann look perfect!
Post a Comment